Thursday, July 12, 2012

Revision strategy #6 -using dialogue

For my self-selected piece I will explore how me being an educator has impacted my daughters learning I think.. Storytelling is the idea that I’m thinking about.  We shall see, I will be working on this. Hopefully complete by Sunday.  Revision is re-seeing my writing. Page by page.  Paragraph by paragraph. Sentence by sentence. Word by word, with my audience in mind.


REVISION STRATEGY # 6
 Ok writing partners Jessie & Meredith, for my self-selected piece I am thinking about exploring how my career/education has an impact on my daughters’ schooling.  This is important to me because I want to really look into how my choices and what I think is important is pushed/portrayed through their decision making.  As a single parent and raising my daughters and knowing that  education is important- I want to look into the ways how this has an impact on them.  For my self-inquiring, I am learning a lot of ways through SI and my readings that I can strenghthen this skill of revision in my classroom.

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your self-selected piece. Seems like it will be a great way to consider the ways the personal and professional interact. Might be interesting to interview/talk to your daughters as part of your pre-writing of the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of interviewing your daughters! Go for it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems like a really cool topic for your self-selected piece. I've heard so many stories that contained the phrase "well, my mother was an English teacher, so..." I think it'll be interesting to explore both the positive and negative impacts of your chosen career. Do your daughters seem academic-minded? Do they hate school? I'm sure there's some very subtle nuances as well. How are they behaving or excelling compared to their classmates? How do they perceive themselves?
    Can't wait to see what you come up with

    ReplyDelete