Friday, July 20, 2012

New Value

SI 2012- as our sessions come to an end, I am grateful for SI- my mind, personal, and career goals has been renewed and refreshed.  I have a new outlook on me as a teacher, writer, and reader.  I hope to continue this fire and fighting the odds of the new principal, new teachers, different setting, and so much more.  I am the expert and I have the power in my room to set the standard for student learning.   I will continue using daybooks (year 2) and I will challenge myself to use 3-5 digital media sites to introduce skills/strategies to my students.  In addition, I want to put up a list of sites for them to self explore and use.

Impromptus( I WANT TO USE ALL) with my classes, go through the wobble process and let students feed off on another to learn and help each other.  FLEXIBLE!  when my students are writing, I will write; read when my students are reading.  Continue with mentor text and show students the process-using real world text and experiences that will help them for LIFE.

INQUIRY-I want my each of my students to pick something that they are interested in learning about or studying.  Maybe pick something that they want to get better at in school.  Then, I want to give them time to look up information, literature, websites, books, and etc.  Hopefully throughout the school year they would have found so much information on their topic and present a final project.

I have so many ideas in my head (thank God for my daybook), I will write all my ideas down and knock them out one by one. I'm so excited that I wish school starts tomorrow (I prefer school to be year around and I get two week breaks here and there).  I thank everyone in this class, your feedback and words of encouragment have impacted me in many ways. This is a rewarding experience to be connected to other professionals.  We had our zip,zap,zop, rifting and rafting, and sharing a wealth of information that I will never forget.

I thank and appreciate each and everyone of you!  Side note- Steve you inspired me to think of this title "new value"

1 comment:

  1. Golden Line -"I am the expert and I have the power to set the standard for learning in my classroom." A-men Lady!!! Keep bloggin'!!!

    ReplyDelete